1. Set the protocol on the camera to Pelco-D.
2. Set the baud rate to 9600bps.
3. Give a unique address to the camera.
For the Everfocus EPTZ500 cameras, the setup DIP switches will look like: 10 00 00 00
AXIS Server Setup
1. Set the RS485 mode to “Pan Tilt Use”.
2. Load the Pelco driver. It can be found at the Axis website (there is a link in the server’s web UI).
3. Check the “Force Install” checkbox before hitting ok.
4. Set the device type to “Generic”.
5. Set the Address to be the same as the camera’s address.
6. Set the RS485 port settings as follows (they are at the bottom of the page):
Baud Rate: 9600
Data Bits: 8
Stop Bits: 1
1. The Yellow (+) cable on the Camera goes to the RS-485-A pin on the Axis (Pin 11 for the 241QA).
2. The Orange (-) cable on the Camera goes to the RS-485-B pin on the Axis (Pin 12 for the 241QA).
1. If something doesn’t work, make sure that Camera’s address is reflected correctly in the server’s port/video settings.